I first found Tapas and decided to use it as a publishing location in June of 2023. In the time since, I've published 12 works there - along with publishing them on Amazon - and had almost forty thousand chapters read by hundreds of readers.
I've never been a big enough author to make anything out of it, but I'm honestly not int he business of writing to make any money. It keeps me sane and gives me something to do to keep my brain active between work calls. There is a pleasure in declaring an income from my writing on my Tax return, but we're hardly ever going to get too excited over a sum that's barely into double digits.
Almost more than writing, I love to read on Tapas. I check for new stories every day and keep up with all my favourite long-term comics and series. It's not the only such site and that's probably a good thing.
Now, however, Tapas seems to be closing for good. Their Korean parent company have decided to cut their losses and the site will almost certainly be shuttered before the end of the year. If it is losing as much money as they suggest int he online reporting about the matter, I can't say that I blame them.
It does, however, leave me needing to change the home of my online works. I read almost as much on Wattpad as I do on Tapas and that's the one I've settled upon. Over the next week or two, I'll migrate all my published titles to Wattpad and see how it goes. Indeed, I've already migrated two titles, as much to test the system as to make an honest start. Pages on this blog will have the links added as they are moved and I'll delete the Tapas links when they die.
You'll find the index to these titles HERE.

