Sunday 28 June 2020

Second Preview Print

Well, the second print of "Finding 400 & Beyond", after the hundreds of corrections and changes the first time around, has arrived and I'm starting to go through it and look for more errors and mistakes. First impressions are much better. The layout has been improved and the bottom margins are now much more consistent which I'm really pleased with.

All the photos are now improved as well. I had to lighten up quite a few of them - this is something that you just can't know in advance, and I had to see it in print to make final decisions on the b/w conversions and brightness levels. Of course, I'm still finding errors -  we're now at the point where the typing errors are missed by the spell-checker. These are now errors that result in words, just not the right words, and are much more difficult to spot.

I expect it will take me another week to go through things before I'm happy to upload a final (hopefully) final version and get a final proof ahead of publication.

I'm also aware that, because I really want to have the photos in the book, the price has crept up more than I would like. I'm wondering about creating a text-only copy of the book. This would allow me to use cheaper paper and fewer pages, bringing the cost down considerably. I also want to play around with e-book options, particularly for kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment